Tuesday, May 11, 2010

From the sketchbook

I thought I'd leave a little treat here today. We're working on our update letter this week so hopefully you'll be hearing from us soon. Still, I thought I'd post a page from my sketch book.
We have a great view from our current apartment looking our over the suburb that we live in. We also have a balcony that affords us some outdoor space 5 stories up which consequently is great for drawing and bird watching.
I don't usually post my scribbles, so please be gentle in viewing them... they're a little shy. This drawing was made sometime last month as I was noticing all of the interesting movement and life in Nairobi and enjoying it move along as the day passed slowly... which things take a looong time here.


Hopefully you can see it alright. If you click on it you can view a larger photo. It made me chuckle and I wanted to share it with you!
Thank you for being part of our story here in Nairobi!
B

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! So cool Bekah!! :-) Thinking of you guys!! I just remembered that my child that I sponsor through Compassion is in Nairobi, Kenya, and I just wrote her a letter! Anywhoo! Hope you are well! :-) Prayed for you this morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this as well!!! Mom starts her clarinet lessons at GVSU this week and is practicing more than... well, for a long time. So I get visual and audible art. Great for those challenged in these areas.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! You are SO creative!! It makes me feel as if I am there! Thanks for sharing. ~Rania

    ReplyDelete

We'll approve your comment as soon as we get a chance!